Habitational Insurance Designed for Property Owners & Managers

Habitational insurance is a type of insurance coverage specifically designed for property owners and managers of residential properties, such as apartments, condominiums, and townhouses. This insurance provides protection for the building and its common areas, as well as for the owners and residents

against a wide range of risks, including: liability, property damage, and loss of rental income.
It is an important coverage option for those in the residential property management industry and is essential for protecting their investment and ensuring the success of their business.


Know You and Your Concerns

As professionals in the field of habitational insurance, we make it our business to know you and your concerns. We spend time learning and listening to better serve you, our clients.  You’ve worked hard to build your business. The next step is to protect it. We’ll assess what your risks are and help you tailor an insurance policy for your business.

Trusted Coverage 

Habitational insurance is a critical component of property management and ownership, providing protection and financial stability for residential properties and their residents. Having the right habitational insurance in place is vital, which is why we offer a range of coverage options to meet the needs of property owners and managers. Our team of experts is here to help you navigate the insurance process and find the right coverage for your specific needs, ensuring that your property and residents are protected against a wide range of potential losses.

Our agent and the agency have been easy to contact and very responsive to our concerns. I highly recommend OVD for their personal service.

Who Can Benefit from Habitational Insurance?

Anyone who owns a rental property can benefit from having a policy. The more tenants you have, the more important habitational insurance coverage will be. You do not have to be the owner of a large condo, student dormitory, or boarding house to acquire a policy. Even owners of single-dwelling homes should have coverage. If you desire comprehensive coverage that protects your livelihood while also receiving the peace of mind that you are protected against the unknown, think about getting habitational insurance.


Does liability insurance protect me against claims from tenants or third parties?

While tenants or third parties may file a claim against you, liability insurance helps cover the legal costs associated with the claim.

Can I purchase specific types of coverage for certain types of rental properties such as apartments or single-family homes?

Yes, OVD advisors work with you to evaluate your unique situation and make sure you are getting the appropriate coverage based on your rental property needs.

Are a tenant’s personal belongings covered under my insurance policy as an owner of the property?

Tenants’ personal belongings are not typically covered under the owner’s insurance policy. Tenants are typically required to obtain a renter’s insurance policy through their lease to protect their personal belongings in the event of damage or loss.

How do I protect my rental property against damage or theft?

Our OVD advisors can help guide you through the specific policies needed to cover your property from any damage or theft that may occur.

Let's Connect

Interested in discussing how OVD can help with your habitational insurance needs? Give us a call today; we would be happy to chat with you regarding your options.